Friday, July 6, 2018

Vogue 1395 Wearable Muslin

Hi Friends!
My latest make is using fabric that I have had in my stash quite a while, it's a pretty ditsy floral voile that I purchased while traveling in China for work. I am pretty sure it's 100% cotton, but I did not do a burn test.



I cut out a 14 on top and graded to 16 through the waist and hip. I'd like to come clean. I have gained a good 10 pounds in the last year. This might not seem like much to y'all but it does significantly change fit. My conclusion is that this dress is not the most flattering on my new slightly larger body. I'm going to guess I might have liked this dress a bit more in a drapier rayon, but alas this was the fabric that I needed to use. 



I like the back! Also I like that there are no buttons or zips and it was a super easy sew but I probably won't be making this dress again. 
Trying to stay real about body positivity and acceptance while at the same time staying healthy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment