Hello Friends!
It's been a few years since I have blogged, and yes, a lot has happened since then.
We have relocated from Manhattan to a cozy house in the Catskills, and hey- I have only been documenting my few and far between makes on the instagrams. (@sewbecause ).
I wanted to blog about this fun and easy project, because it has been on my to-make list for the longest of times. It is a camo fleece, like the ones worn in the British TV show Detectorist. If you have not watched the show I highly highly suggest you run and get Acorn TV stat and get to awatching. I am a HUGE fan!
For this fleece I used the unisex pattern Kwik Sew K4032.
It was a very straight forward and easy to follow pattern. The only problem with it being unisex is that the shoulders are too big. They stick out at the top shoulder, and anyhoo, I have small shoulders. I did want it to be oversized, as is the case in the show.
It achieves the look well. The camo fleece from fabric.com is not an exact match to the original fleece fabric but, close enough?
These are the characters Andy and Lance sporting said Dainbury Metal Detecting Club fleeces in the show. And yes, I would detect, if only I had a detector, and lived in England.
OK so please ignore the laundry pile in the lower right corner, I just couldn't be bothered to take proper photos. Love the fit and look of this sans the puffy shoulders. It will be a great addition to my hiking gear come spring and fall.
All in all I would recommend this pattern if you are looking for an easy zip up fleece, but if you do size up and have petite shoulders, you may want to pattern correct that area.
In other news I have a new dress form that was gifted to me. It was a small sized foam display form that I was able to pad and stuff to my measurements (with the help of a bra). Then I draped a new cover for it with a mid-weight knit.
I'm pretty pleased with the result, and it will be a great tool for my upcoming sewing plans! I christen her- Camille!
Hint hint, can anyone say historical costume sewing??
Until next time, bye from me and Lucy too!
No comments:
Post a Comment