Hello Friends!
On your parent journey you will find health issues and quirks along the way, unique to your LO.
Our sweet baby girl just happens to have inherited a larger than normal noggin from good old dad. This has been an issue for the doctors, who want to be sure that there are no underlying problems, and also has made it more difficult for her to move her head while sleeping, therefore she developed a slight flat spot on the back of her head. Which leads us to our topic today, cranial reshaping helmets!
They are only worn for a few months of the baby's early life, and they basically re-shape the scull to be more round. Yay for that! And babies tend to adapt to them really well. Our girl is doing great and hardly notices its on at all.
At our initial consultation we were shown the design options for the actual helmet, and the hubs and I agreed, something custom was in order, I immediately did some online research and low and behold, people had gone and painted these things themselves! This was the great advice that I had found..
She recommended the liquitex acrylic gauche paint and covering the painting with protective layers of Mod Podge. The only thing that I did not do was sand the surface before painting, it is not recommend to mess with the finish of the helmet at all for structural reasons.
I got inspo from some hand-painted glassware from Ben Peck Whiston for Shabby Chic and a painted glass that I had in the cupboard.
And voila- the finished result! I am pretty pleased, although I had very little time to paint, I did not want to delay her treatment so that I could paint a masterpiece! Also I did not paint the pink color, just painted the design over it.







No comments:
Post a Comment